Is there anything more delicious and comforting than taking a sip of freshly brewed piping hot coffee? Even if you like sipping on a frosty fun-flavored Frappuccino – Starbucks has you covered with their wildly popular coffee beverages. Starbucks opened their first coffee shop in Seattle 1971. Moby Dick directly inspired the Starbucks name – from the “romance of the high seas and the seafaring tradition of early coffee traders.” However, Starbucks is more than just a store to buy delicious coffee from. They also pride themselves on the full coffeehouse experience. Beautifully decorated stores, warm and inviting colors, delectable pastries, and fruity teas make the Starbucks experience everything we know and love.
Today, Starbucks have over 24,000 stores in over 70 different countries throughout the world, including the Philippines. Starbucks has had franchise opportunities in the past. However, at this time they are not looking for or accepting franchisees. Starbucks does state the situation may change in the future, so keep your eyes on their “Franchised Stores” page for up-to-date information.
- Coffee – more than 30 blends of single-origin premium coffees
- Handcrafted beverages – freshly brewed coffee, hot and iced espresso drinks, Frappuccino’s, Refreshers, smoothies, and teas.
- Fresh food – pastries, salads, yogurts and parfaits, sandwiches, oatmeal, and fruit.
- Merchandise – mugs, travel mugs, coffee pots, teapots, books, bags of coffee, gifts.
- Coffee and tea bags for sale.
- Ready-to-drink bottled drinks.
Starbucks Franchise Details and Process
Starbucks is not currently looking for any franchise opportunities as of 04/2017. However, in the future Starbucks states that if the situation changes, they will update their page to include further details and information. Below is some old information about the Starbucks franchise process.
For internationalaStarbucksks locations, franchisees would be required to go through Starbucks International. Their Branded Solution provides business development, relationship management, and direct selling of their goods. Each Branded Solution is based on the target location, community’s needs, and target customers.
You can choose between a licensed store or food service.
- Licensed store: This is an actual Starbucks store. It includes a customizable store, full menu, equipment, training and support, seasonal promotions, executive food and bakery program, whole bean packaged coffee, merchandise, consulting and support.
- Food Service: This will allow you to sell some Starbucks good in a non-traditional Starbucks store such as a business, military base, bookstore, or university.
At this time, Starbucks does not have a contact page for opening a franchise. You can contact them on their “Become a Partner” page here.