Who would have thought that launching a small meat processing business at home will need about less than Php 1, 000 only? All of the popular and huge businesses out there have started out as small ones, from scratch as they say. Meat processing business is one of the great options if you want to start one on your own at home. Chicken longganisa is a good way to start with, no Filipino does not like longganisa for their breakfast especially if it is served with garlic rice, grilled tomatoes and sunny side up eggs on the side or any which way you like it, eggs will always taste best paired with chicken longganisa and of course with coffee or hot chocolate of course.
This article will teach you on how to prepare chicken longganisa using the leanest part of chicken, the breasts. Its calorie count when served without skin is about 130-150, healthier compared to pork or beef. And this is the reason why it is a healthier alternative when it comes to cooking longganisa. If you fancy trying starting up a meat processing business at home, try this recipe! The garlic and sugar can be adjusted if you want the finished product more garlicky and/or sweeter.
1 Kg. freshly ground chicken breast
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
2 tablespoons Anisado wine
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon meat enhancer
2 tablespoons crushed bay leaves
Wax paper for casing
1 tablespoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon curing salt (can be found in spices shelves of supermarkets)
1 teaspoon Phosphate
1/4 teaspoon Vitamin C (powder form)
1/4 cup of cold water
1/4 cup of textured vegetable protein
1 tablespoon Isolate
1/2 teaspoon Carageenan as thickener or cornstarch dissolved in water will do
- Mix well all of the ingredients in a large bowl until the powders used are dissolved and flavors are well blended.
- Chill the mixture overnight to allow the flavors to blend well. Chilling also firms the mixture.
- The next day, take the mixture out of the refrigerator and start forming them into longganisa. Take the wax paper and cut them in 6 inches squares.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture onto the center of the wax paper and roll it firmly forming longganisa shape, twist either ends to secure the longganisa.
- Continue this process until you used up all the mixture.
- Pack them in 6 or 12 pieces before freezing.