Krispy Kreme first opened its door in 1937 by Vernon Rudolph. Vernon began his journey when he bought a special yeast doughnut recipe from a New Orleans French chef. Once he had the recipe in hand, he began selling fresh doughnuts in a local grocery store, and the rest is history. Today, Krispy Kreme is an international business and franchise with hundreds of thousands of doughnut shops all over the world. Krispy Kreme fans are loyal customers and can never get enough of their freshly made, delicious doughnuts.
Krispy Kreme has over 65 years of experience with international franchise operations. The Krispy Kreme name is one of the most well-known and loved franchises in the food industry. Today, about 70% of all KK store locations and franchises are located outside of the United States.
Krispy Kreme Franchise Products
- Doughnuts – original glazed doughnut and various specialty doughnuts
- Freshly brewed signature coffee and specialty coffee drinks – lattes, flavored lattes, cappuccinos, iced coffees, and frozen coffee drinks
- Drinks – hot chocolate and frozen blended drinks
- Kool Kreme – doughnut sundaes and ice cream cones
- Plain and flavored bagels
Krispy Kreme Franchise Details
Franchise owners will have to consider the following costs:
- Cost of real estate for the building they want to open a KK in
- Size and the type of store
- Construction costs for the store
- Labor and operating expenses
- Cost and availably of local ingredients and potential importation costs
- Flagship Factory store – $25,000
- Fresh Shop – $10,000
- Kiosk – $10,000
Franchise owners are also required to provide an ongoing royalty to KK of 6% of net sales, brand fund contribution of .50%, and a requirement to spend 3% of sales profits on local store marketing needs.
Krispy Kreme Franchise Start-Up Process
KK provides all of the training and support a franchise owner will need to begin their journey as a KK owner. KK helps with all aspect of opening a storefront or kiosk. Areas KK help franchise owners are:
- Business strategy
- Market planning
- Site selection
- Store design
- Production planning & execution
- Beverage/coffee production
- Retail operations
- Crew member training
- Equipment maintenance
Initially, KK will provide owners with a series of training sessions in one of their international locations. It is a one-week training program that must be taken by franchise owners before they open their first store. Additionally, the concept general manager and the store manager are required to complete a separate training program that lasts 12 weeks. The training process includes classroom learning, hands-on experience in a store environment, experience making doughnuts, food, and drinks, learning how to provide the best customer service and more.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/KrispyKreme
Phone Number: 1-800-457-4479
Address: P.O. Box 83 Winston-Salem, NC 27102
Alternatives in the Phillipines
Alternatives to Krispy Kreme do exist. Mister Donut, Dunkin Donut, Mini Donut, Happy-Haus Donut franchises in the Phillipines are also worthwile to take a look into since the costs may be much lower.