Impressing shoppers/customers especially this busy time of the year, will definitely make them come back for more and become your loyal customers. However it is not so easy to keep the customer service at the highest level when the lines are too long and customers are stressed out due to the holiday season shopping. 69% of customers reported that during the busiest time of the year, the customer satisfaction level they get is the worst they ever get all throughout the year.
Here are some tips on how to improve customer service (especially) this time of the year:
- Managers/Owners/Supervisors must set an example. You should come to work early, greet every employee cheerfully so the vibes is good first thing in the morning. This way, the staff will do the same thing to the customers. Also, customers could get tired and hungry during shopping, offering treats is an excellent idea.
- Customer lines could get pretty long during the holiday season, so it is a must to hire seasonal staff to help out.
- Reward the hard-working staff; throw in a great holiday party for everyone to celebrate during the holiday season. Offer contests with prizes that the employees will really appreciate such as dinner for 2 at a fine dining restaurant or an overnight stay in a luxury hotel.
- Plan ahead of time, set your goals as it will be the most important factor in achieving great customer service.
- Empowering the employees to get the job done and decision-making is also essential for them to deliver good service.
Executing these will definitely help out businesses in providing excellent customer service not only during the Christmas season but every holidays of the year as well. It is imperative that you prepare a holiday calendar, always be prepared, sooner will always better than later!